Saturday, August 21, 2010

Bungot Banwa

And, once more, the dawn finds me awake but wanting to sleep. There's too little sleep in me. I think that haggard feel has made itself visible on this character's face.

In the Hinilawod epic, Bungot Banwa acts like a Baylan of sorts. He initiates the rituals that occur by the Halawod River... a master of ceremonies? I wonder if he is also a strategist of sorts?--like a village elder whose wisdom is sought by the Datu and his people. The history of the Ancients of Panay is a trasure waiting to be rediscovered; much like a fat portion of our history.

He looks wise here albeit, a tad too wary. I'll make some changes to his expressions before adding him to the 2nd volume of the Hinilawod Comic.

This portion of the epic is brimming with characters... I am quite intimidated.

No comments:

Post a Comment